swiss dots

Monday, March 5, 2012

John is Ahh-mazing!!!

First of all, let me just say that running is definitely NOT my thing.  Not even a little bit.  But, I married a runner and so I've grown to appreciate it enough to know that running a marathon is running 26.2 miles- at one time, no stopping.  I have also learned that running a marathon and really competing is no easy feat for anyone.  It takes a tremendous amount of time, effort, and training.  Training even when it's freezing out or super windy and you know you will hate every step you take, you have to run.  Such dedication.  John decided months ago that he was going to run in the New Orleans marathon.  He wanted to try to qualify for Boston before baby Parker arrives and life gets even more crazy than it already is.  I am so proud to announce that my sweet, sweet husband just completed his 3rd marathon on his birthday weekend.   He not only completed it, he demolished it!  He ran a 2:58 time, placed 36th out of 3600+ runners (32 in the men's group, so yes, 4 girls did beat him), and now he is officially quailfied to run in the Boston Marathon.  Big stuff here folks!  I am seriously over the moon for him on this one.  He just makes my heart beat out of my chest with pride.  I cannot wait to go to Boston and cheer him on at the next race.  I'll be cheering because I definitely will NOT be running :)  Love you babe!



No comments:

Post a Comment