swiss dots

Friday, March 30, 2012

Welcome to the world Baby Parker!





Our sweet baby boy Parker made his way into the world!  This is the moment we had been waiting for a long time, especially these past two weeks where my midwife kept saying how I will totally be going into labor any day now and seemed soooo confident of this that I was completely over reacting to every contraction or weird feeling I had.  I was terrified that I was going to not recognize I was in labor and have this baby at home or on the road side.  These were the two slightly possible events that kept me up at night, so much so that we went to the hospital exactly two weeks before he was born on a false alarm.  So embarrassing!  This did, however, give me even more motivation to spend more time with Hudson doing fun things and getting things ready around the house for when Parker did finally come.

We went to the hospital on Friday evening, but not before stopping at McDonald's on the way...I wasn't missing dinner again like I did with Hudson.  You learn these little things with baby #2.  Mom and Rick came to stay with Hudson just in case we did get to stay and have our baby.  I was slightly skeptical, but excited and ready to go too.  We were in triage for about 4 hours with all the monitors going and I was checked and rechecked over and over.  We were almost sent home because my contractions were not making me progress, even though I was already dilated to nearly a 5 and completely effaced AND having contractions every 3-5 minutes!  What more do I have to prove here?!  Our sweet nurse pretty much had to convince our midwife to let us stay (after I threatened that I would probably not come back to the hospital until the baby was coming out on his own!).  And, around 10:30pm, she finally said we could stay!  I was so excited!  Thank goodness I didn't get sent home again.  I was an emotional wreck right up to that point and now I was just elated!

Parker was born on March 24, 2012 at 4:19am.  He was 9lbs 1.2oz and 21.5 inches long.  A BIG boy for sure!  When they put him on my chest, I just knew he was pushing the upper 8lbs, but I had no idea he would be over 9lbs!  What a whopper!!  He was beautiful and perfect and everything I could ever ask for.  I am so incredibly blessed.  I have no words.  He's like an angel and it's like heaven to see my two boys together.  I love being a mommy of two sweet, adorable little guys.  I could never have known how full my heart could be.





I was really nervous about Hudson meeting his little brother.  I didn't want him to feel jealous or left out.  He came in the hospital room to meet Parker and seemed a little shy, of course a hospital room isn't the most warm and welcoming place to be.  We had Hudson sit on the bed next to Parker.  He seemed truly happy to see his new baby brother that we had been talking about for so long.   He even gave him a kiss (cue my heart melting in a huge puddle).  Parker gave Hudson little gifts each time he came to visit.  This really helped Hudson feel special too.  Who doesn't like presents and a little bribery/coaxing never hurt anyone, right?


I was away from Hudson from Friday night until Monday afternoon.  My heart ached to go home to him.  He was only minutes away from where I was, yet I could not get to him.  He came to see me twice a day while I was there, but it was never enough.  One particular time he came to see me, he walked into the room, unprompted I'm told, and said, "Mommy, I just want to tell you 'I love you'".  I broke down into tears and the poor child just looked at me completely bewildered on what was going on.  I told him they were happy tears and that I missed him SO much and was SO happy he was there with me.  It makes me tear up just thinking about that moment.


Our trip home was surreal.  My two boys in their car seats in the back.  A full backseat = a full heart for mommy.  We stopped to get a yummy toasted marshmallow shake on the way home to top it off.  Perfection!


Now that we are home and Parker is nearly a week old, I can honestly say that everything is going really well.  He fits into our family like he has always been a part of it.  He is such a snuggle bug.  I had forgotten how wonderful it is to hold a new baby.  Hudson is getting used to being a big brother and likes to check in on Parker often.  He likes to give him his soft blue blanket and his little owl.  He sneaks into Parker's room while he's sleeping and whispers, "Baby Parker.  Baby Parker.  It's still light outside.  Wake up."  So precious.

I must include how lucky I am to have my husband, John, in my life to share these boys with.  He is the best father and husband ever.  I know a lot of people probably say that about many different fathers and husbands out there, but I know that John is the best.  He loves these boys with all he's got and I can tell in the way he looks at them that he would never let any harm come their way.  He tells them he loves them.  He holds them with gentleness.  He tells them he's proud.  He is patient with them.  He shows them every day what a good father and husband should be.  He is simply all I could have ever dreamed of and he makes having two little ones seem like a walk in the park.  (Thank you so much babe!) 




(The man even smiles while changing diapers!)

I am so blessed in so many ways.  I thank the Lord for all He has given to me in this life so far...

Including our wonderful family and friends who came to visit us while we were in the hospital.  It definitely made the time in the hospital go by much more quickly and it was super fun for everyone to meet our newest family member.




I had tried to picture so many times what it would be like with two.  All I can say is that it fills my heart.  It makes me whole.  The sun shines brighter and the world is such a better place.  My family is my everything.






No comments:

Post a Comment