I wanted to spend one last night with my little family before life gets hectic and have a fun dinner date night out. We took Hudson to a Japanese steak house where they cook the food in front of you and do neat tricks. I thought Hudson was going to love it, but he clung to me on my lap for most of the night. He even wanted to sit at another table at one point. I wish I had had a free hand to snap a picture of him covering his ears when the flames came up from the grill, but I didn't, so you'll just have to picture it. It was so cute. Eventually, he was cool with watching from our table while the action was waaaay far away at another table across the room. He was so brave, we told him, that we'd get him a special cupcake on our way home.
Well, as we were leaving the restaurant, it began pouring down rain. We debated on if a cupcake was worth getting out into the rain again. We decided to go for it and when we arrived at Smallcakes, the doors were locked! They had sold out an hour before they closed. What a bummer!! We started to head back to the car, disappointed and wet, when an employee of theirs came out with a little box in her hands. It was the last cupcake. Just for Hudson. And, it was purple, just like he wanted! He was so excited. What a wonderful gesture from a small little cupcake place. Hudson couldn't wait to dig in. I let him eat some of the frosting in the car and the rest of the cupcake at home.
The cupcake was eaten around 7:30pm- Hudson goes to bed at 8:00pm usually, but in the following photos, you'll see that he went to bed MUCH later that night thanks to the awesome sugar high he was on :)
We finally simmered down closer to 9:30pm, but it was so worth it. We had a blast!
Now, we are looking forward to our next big adventure with our two boys. We all are just dying to meet him and Hudson cannot wait for he and Parker to go for a ride in the new double stroller. So, c'mon Parker make the 23rd your birthday!



Oh, Steph...I hope so much for you that today is the day! I can't wait for you to see how amazing life with TWO littles is! Great post and hopefully, the next post will be introducing us to Mr. Parker!!! :)
ReplyDelete