We all heard it ding-a-linging down the block. The ice cream man! Well, the ice cream lady, actually. It was so picturesque: a warm spring evening, all the little kids on our block standing at the end of their driveways, money in hand, waiting patiently for the truck to stop so they could point out the icy cold treat of their choice. For Hudson, this was a bright yellow, green and red snow cone. He was so excited! I had forgotten how special a little moment like that is for a child. I am so glad that John had some cash on hand so that Hudson didn't miss out on it. Aunt Hope was there to assist while I took about a million pictures. I couldn't resist!
After the yummy snow cone, it was time to get ready for bed. At our house, that always includes reading books. This evening was special, as Parker joined us for the first time. Hudson loved having him there and begged me to let Parker sleep in his bed with him. How adorable is that? It made my heart smile. We read a few books, including the Big Brother book that daddy crafted and we sang Jesus Loves Me and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I think Parker enjoyed himself almost as much as we did.
I live for moments like these.


No comments:
Post a Comment