swiss dots
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Keeping Busy In The New Year
We have been trying to stay busy around the house these days since it's been too cold to play outside. It's hard to come up with fun and energy burning things to do indoors day after day. Today, I came up with couch cushion jumping. We took all the cushions off the couch and initially built a really awesome fort, but that turned into piling them all on the floor and stacking them up so that Hudson could do some fancy jumps. He had a blast! I think this even took up a hour or so of our day, so we'll definitely be doing this again soon.
We, well, mostly John, have been making some progress on baby #2's room. It's painted and now most of the furniture is in it too. Hudson is starting to understand that he is going to have a baby brother come to his house soon. This is big progress considering he was in complete denial just weeks ago. I have to admit that it is making me a bit sad to see Hudson's baby furniture leaving his room. The worst was moving our cozy, snuggle marshmallow chair today. Hudson and I have spent countless hours in that thing. We read books everyday in it. Hudson and I spent our first night at home together in that very chair. I hate taking it away from him. We've tried to make up for moving it out of his room by giving him a really cool pirate tent for us to read books in at night. Tonight was the first night doing so.
He seemed to be pretty excited to read books in there tonight. (Thank goodness!) He has actually made it pretty easy on us during these room changes. He has slept perfectly in his new big boy bed from day one and has not been upset about his furniture being moved around. He is such a trooper. I hope that he can hang in there for the BIG change to come...a new baby in the house. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment