I'll start off with a little history on how we became who we are today. John and I met in 1999 in Ottawa, KS. He was a freshman in college at Ottawa University and I was a senior at Ottawa High School. We both worked at the local Walmart store and had a few mutual friends. He was on the cross country and track team for OU and I was on the soccer team for OHS. Every day of practice, I would watch him run by in his bright neon yellow shorts and swoon over him. He was so cute! We never really talked or knew each other until one night at an OU party. He was the only face I recognized and so I naturally went over to talk to him. He was so incredibly shy back then, but he talked to me and we had a fun time with each other that evening. I was completely gaga over him immediately. A mutual friend, Aaron Beckett, eventually helped get the ball rolling and we started dating in March of 1999. Aaron still believes he is the sole reason for our relationships existence, but I believe we were meant for each other and we would have ended up together no matter what. I know this for good reason too... you see, I had a HUGE crush on John long before I even knew of him. I had seen a picture of him in a family album at my dental office in Ottawa. All the people who worked at this particular office had made a photo album of their lives outside the dental office. One assistant had put in the album a picture of her son at prom with two other guys. One of those guys just so happened to be John and I could not take my eyes off of him. Love at first sight you see.
John and I dated for many years and did a lot of growing over those years. Yes, we did have some tough times, but I know those times made us so much stronger and better together. We had a lot of learning to do before we could be ready for the future. We got engaged in May 2004 in Bermuda. John was so nervous and I almost spoiled the surprise, but he got down on one knee and proposed to me on the beach that night. I was thrilled! He gave me the most beautiful ring I have ever seen and 7 years later, it is still that beautiful to me.
We got married a year later on May 14, 2005 in LaCygne, KS at the most beautiful garden estate. Our wedding day was perfect. We had all of our friends and loved ones there supporting us and we enjoyed every last drop of that day.
We bought our first home together right before we got married. It was a foreclosure. We have learned so much with buying a home. We have invested much of our blood, sweat and tears in this house. It has been worth it all. The memories we have made in this house are some of the greatest. First and for most, being our son, Hudson. He was born on Saturday morning at 1:16am on June 13, 2009. Life after him has been so amazing. He brings so much joy into our hearts. We thank God for him everyday. We struggled with infertility for a year and a half before finding out we were pregnant with him. What a blessing it was to see him born healthy and strong!
Hudson is now 2 1/2 years old and full of life! He is beautiful, charming, funny, silly, determined and he is all things wonderful. He loves his momma and he thinks his daddy is number one when it comes to horsing around. His snuggles are to die for and if you are lucky, he'll climb right up on your lap and lay his head on your chest for awhile. I hope he is never to big for that.
We are expecting a second child in the spring. It's another boy and we are delighted. I cannot think of anything better than having two little guys to spend the day with. Hudson is starting to come around on the idea of having a little brother, although, if you'd ask him about it, he'd tell you to paint his brother's room pink and that he doesn't want a baby at his house. This may be a bumpy transition for all of us! Really though, we are so blessed to be pregnant again and we continue to pray for a healthy baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment