swiss dots

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Giving Thanks

I am thankful for:
-a holiday that helps remind us of all that we have in our lives to be thankful for.
-having SO MUCH family close by that we get to have not one or two, but THREE times to celebrate Thanksgiving with many of our loved ones.
-a warm house and a beautiful family to come home to.
-being able to stay at home this year with my boys and for all of the super fun times and the super trying times of the life of a stay-at-home-mom.
-a MIL that loves her grandchildren so much that she takes the time to write down ALL of the words to the Scooby Doo theme song so that she can teach Hudson it and be able to sing along to the song when they watch the show together.
-a baby boy who makes my heart melt every time he says "ma-ma".  Thank you so much my sweet, sweet Parker for letting me be your first word :-)


-in-laws that I can spend the entire day with and feel welcomed and at home.
-the in-laws and extended family that I wish I could spend the entire day with, but they live far away (we love you guys!).
-a husband who loves me and slaves over a hot stove to make the kind of Brussels sprouts I like so we can bring them to share at our meal.
-a 3 year old son that is starting to enjoy "projects" with mommy.  This time it was pilgrim hat cookies.
-(again) a darling MIL that knew exactly what these were when she laid eyes on them...they didn't quite turn out as beautiful as the ones on Pinterest though we tried extra hard!)


-the most fabulous dessert know as the pecan pie.
-the day after Thanksgiving Christmas decorating fest accompanied with tons of the holiday music!!
-my boys daddy who will rake the leaves in our front yard, in the dark, so that he can keep his promise to his son that they would jump in the leaves today.



My list could go on and on.  And, if you are reading this blog, I am thankful for you too!

Happy Thanksgiving!
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment