swiss dots

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Wrapping up 2012

Ok, so let me just start this blog entry by saying that this post will be quite long and it will have a ridiculous amount of pictures in it too.  It's my fault for waiting so long to post about all of the things we have been doing over the month, but here I am now and here I go trying to squeeze it all into one blog post.

December had it's ups and downs this year.

An up was that Hudson, Parker and I made a spectacular birthday cake for Jesus.


Another up was that these Christmas family photos taken were probably my most favorite, as it show's a typical moment in the life of people with two small children.


At least this one turned out okay.


A downer was that Parker came down with double ear infections and bronchiolitis the day before Christmas Eve.  He didn't really seem too sick until the next evening and of course that was Christmas Eve night.  Christmas day was even worse.  He ran a fever and had to stay home with John the whole day.  We missed them both terribly at the Daniel family Christmas brunch and at the Meier family dinner.  The poor baby was just too miserable and contagious to bring out and about.  I felt the worst for John because he didn't get to join in on the festivities with Hudson and I.  I wished for all of us to be together the whole day for Parker's 1st Christmas.

Here is a picture of the boys on Christmas morning.  Aren't they darling?  Hudson is so full of excitement at the thought of Santa visiting us that night and  he was dying to open his gifts!  Parker was full on super sick in this photo, but man, he's a trooper.  Such a happy little fellow regardless of his ailments.  I love a good Christmas jammie picture, but Parker was sick all over his, so we made due with green PJs (we were still trying to be festive).


Here is our treats we left for Santa this year.


One super duper exciting thing that happened on Christmas morning, that I dare not leave out, was a special little something that you know who left behind on our chair that happens to be right next to our fireplace...A PIECE OF SANTA'S COAT!!!  Hudson found this and was soooo tickled about it.  I had to take a picture of this special piece of lint.  Here it is...


Opening presents was really joyful as paper was flying everywhere, little giggles of anticipation were heard and handy daddy's with screwdrivers came out to put things together. 



Parker did the classic baby move of loving the box just as much, if not more than his actual toy.



We had a blast with our visits from Elmer in December.  It's always sad to see him go, but boy did he leave us plenty of great memories to remember until next year.


This is one of my favorites.  Elmer missed Hudson on the night he stayed at his grandparents house.  In response, this is what happened...



Got to make lemonade from lemons!  Mummy Hudson!

Parker got to see his first snow!  I think he really liked it.


Hudson went sledding!  Parker was very concerned with Hudson sledding.  He would watch them come down the hill and then when he heard Hudson screaming (though the screams were in fun) he would stick his little pouty lip out and start to cry.  I had to reassure him that Hudson was ok.  Such a sweet baby.  Look at his face in this shot.


Now, look at this face!  He's having a blast!



More snow fun! 


December has been a cold one.  We have spent a lot of time indoors.  And, spending a lot of time indoors can get a bit boring.  To keep things lively, John decided to buy a little tent and camp in our living room one night with Hudson.  I cannot tell you how much Hudson loved this.  Such a really great daddy to do this with him.

 Other things we did to stay entertained: tunnel fun!



This is the haunted Christmas house we built one day.  What, you've never heard of a haunted Christmas house before?  Well, now you have officially been introduced!  The toys and random stuff around it are the Halloween and Christmas decorations.  Hudson has quite an imagination!


Oh, yes.  I must include that Hudson had his very first Preschool Christmas program.  Here he is on stage when they were singing the songs they had practiced.  I know this is a still shot, but this is EXACTLY how he looked the entire program.  I have a 7.5 min video of him standing like this if anyone wants to see it.  Haha!

Well, it is way past my bedtime.  It's time to wrap this post up.  I think I have included the basics of what we did this December.  What a great year we had!  I am looking forward to what 2013 will have in-store for us!

Happy New Year!




1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So glad I get to stalk your blog because the photos are so cute and you are giving me great ideas for next christmas. I think we will have to do the sleeping in a tent thing. SO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete