swiss dots

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

This is my 3rd Mother's day to officially celebrate it as a REAL mom.  Just thinking about the fact that I am a mom makes me tear up over how amazing it really is.  When John and I decided that we were ready to be parents, it didn't happen as quickly as we had imagined it would.  It didn't happen how we imagined it would either (holding hands in a doctor's office and praying for the IUI to work), but we were finally incredibly blessed by God and some medical interventions that eventually gave us our two boys.  Being a mom is so indescribable.  It's something that you feel change in you the minute you see that sweet little baby enter the world.  You will go to the end of the Earth and back again for this little person you helped create.  It's unreal how instantly you feel connected to your child and how all the love for them you have doesn't just burst your heart right then and there.  Then some how, you can feel this all over again with your second child.  Cradling them in your arms you hope you can be the best mom for them and give them all the joy and love in life.

I consider myself so fortunate.  I have a wonderful mother, wonderful grandmothers, and a wonderful mother-in-law in my life.  All of these women have shown me so much love over the years and have shown me how to be a good mother.  They also let me be the mom I am and want to be too, which doesn't go unappreciated.  They are always there for me and now they are there for my children.

I am thankful every day for Hudson and Parker.  They have forever changed my life and I am forever grateful to God and to my loving husband for them.

Hudson,  You were my first baby and I will love you always.  I love your shyness, your facination with dinosaurs and playing chase, your gorgeous red hair, your dark brown eyes, the silly faces you make, the fact that you ask for floss (only a mommy dental hygienist would understand :), that you love to snuggle with me on the couch under a blanket to watch a show, your imagination, your sweet kisses (even if you wipe them off!) and the way you love your brother, Parker.  You made me into a mommy and I cannot thank you enough for that.

Parker,  You are my sweet little baby boy.  I will always love you.  I love how chubby you are, I love holding you against my chest, I love your sweet smiles and the expressions you make when you are asleep.  I love the way you look at Hudson and just beam with happiness when he is around.  I love how you have made our family complete and I thank you so much for making me a mommy of two.

Here I am, a happy mommy of two of the MOST ADORABLE little guys.  It doesn't get much better than that.  Happy Mother's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment