swiss dots

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter Eggs-travagantza!

This is terrible, but Easter was well over a week ago, and I am just now posting anything about it.  My excuse...I have a newborn and an almost 3 year old at home and I am EXHAUSTED!!  Any extra time I have, I am either cleaning, trying to nap or writing thank you's to all of the wonderful people who have brought dinner, gifts and visited us since Parker was born.  Anyway, excuses aside, here is my foggy recollection of our first Easter with Parker.  By the way, I'm quite certain the memory problem is genetic.  Hopefully, the boys will have a better one than me!

Easter:

The Friday before Easter, we spent the evening with the Ingleharts and grilled and had a mini egg hunt.  This was great practice for Hudson plus he loved the candy reward at the end!  


Easter morning, we woke up, as usual, to the sound of Hudson's little feet pitter pattering across our bedroom floor over to my side of the bed.  He always comes in bed with us in the morning for a little snuggle followed by, "I'm hungry.  I want breakfast."  We reminded him that it was Easter and the bunny may have left him a surprise!  We also reminded him of what we had left for the bunny too.  We must go check to see if he ate our snacks we left for him!  This got Hudson super excited, so much so he was no longer concerned about breakfast.  

(Bunny's love carrots and lettuce!)

John's family has always had the super fun tradition of the Easter Bunny "hiding" their baskets somewhere around the house.  I loved this!  So, we the Easter Bunny hid the boy's basket behind the living room curtain.  Hudson found this really quickly, so next year we the Easter Bunny will have to be a bit more tricky!
After the Easter basket was completely emptied of all it's contents: a kite, candy, a chocolate bunny, fun sunglasses, a stuffed bunny for Parker and Hudson, a giraffe teether, a bubble gun and various other items, we ate breakfast, got dressed and headed to church.  On the way home from church, I asked Hudson if he had learned about Jesus and a cross today.  He replied, "No, I learned down, down, across!"  This totally cracked us up!  He thought I meant "across" like when he practices making an "H" for Hudson, not "A cross", as in Jesus died for our sins.  He'll get the story eventually.  Such a silly and adorable little guy :-)

(Thank you Great-Grandma & Pa Meier for the special Easter basket for Hudson.  He loved the Peeps on a stick!)

After church, we headed down to Ottawa to Grandma Linda and Grandpa Rick's house.  They always host a terrific Easter bash with a potluck of all sorts of food and lots of family fun.


This year we were a little short on the amount of family that was there due to in-law obligations, so Hudson ended up hunting for about 8 dozen eggs.  He had to keep emptying his basket to make room for more eggs.  Then he saw his pile and must have totally forgotten he had put them there because he got super excited about finding a giant pile of eggs on the front porch!  Too funny!





(Hudson on the hunt!)

We even got to fly a kite!  Well, Aunt Cece was the only one able to actually FLY the kite.  It was hilarious to watch her run around the yard trying to get the thing up in the air!  Kudos to her for doing it.


We had a fantastic Easter!  It was so much fun watching Hudson run around the yard, hunting for eggs this year.  Seeing the complete and utter joy on his face while finding bright, colorful, candy-filled eggs to fill his basket with made my heart sing.  John is totally loving how much of a big boy Hudson is now and I loved watching the two of them run all over the place.  Parker enjoyed himself too, as he was snuggled and loved on by many that day.


Happy Easter!



 (yes, it was)


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh...I love, love, love the family picture! You guys are so cute!!

    TOTALLY in LOVE with Hudson's hair! Totally.

    And, i am very proud of you for this blog! :). You are so great at keeping memories and great at the picture taking too...you always get the best shots!

    Happy (late) Easter!

    ReplyDelete