swiss dots

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Parker Turned One!

Last night, Parker woke up around midnight.  I went into his room and scooped him up into my arms and snuggled him while I rocked him back to sleep.  His head was resting on my chest and as he fell back to sleep I couldn't help but to think back to exactly one year ago that night.  I was in the hospital with a GIANT pregnant belly and filled with excitement for the arrival of our new baby boy, Parker Reid.  It was such a surreal time.  I was going to be a mom of two.  I was so happy to give Hudson a brother and a best friend for life, but at the same time, I was worried about being able to be enough for both of them.  It turns out that I am enough and my heart grew on March 24, 2012.  It grew big enough to love and adore two sweet and energetic little boys every second of every day.  My heart melts over their love for each other and it skips a beat when I see them being silly and laughing together.  I am one lucky momma.

              Here are a few party pictures from his big day.   We had a puppy theme and rather than gifts for Parker, we asked for the guests to bring a puppy toy that we could donate to a local rescue center.  It was great!


Dog treats and dog food (actually graham cracker Scooby Snacks and Cocoa Puffs)


I took a picture of Parker each month sitting in the same spot to be able to see how much he has changed over the year.  It was so fun to look at.   Hudson pointed to the last picture where Parker was the biggest and said, "Mommy, after this one, Parker will be able to play with me!"  So, so sweet!


Here's the big guy ready to celebrate!


Hudson was really excited too!



Cake time!  Do you think Parker will go for the cake?


Just a taste of that sweet sugary frosting... 


And, he is all for it!


No hands needed!


Sharing :-)


I think he liked it! 

 
 Hudson decided to try out the no hands way of eating cake too.  Silly boys!
 

Parker Reid, you are the craziest, strongest, fastest, biggest, onry-est, sweetest, most adorable, most loveable, blue-eyed, red-headed little guy in this world.  You are my curious tornado and you keep me on my toes and I am exhausted at the end of the day.  You are determined and smart.  You will move mountains someday my dear baby boy.  I know it.  You have the drive and the will to do anything and we will be there to support you all the way.  Thank you for making me a mommy of two and for keeping life interesting.  Lord knows, I never know what you'll have in store for me each day, but I am looking forward to every day with you.  I love you forever and for always.  Happy 1st birthday!  Love, Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment